Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Analytics
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Analytics
The University of Sydney Business School
Reference no. 1267/0617
- Join an internationally accredited and respected business school
- Work in a collaborative and supportive team environment
- Two full-time (though part-time will also be considered), 2 year fixed positions (with possible renewal for a further fixed term) and attractive remuneration package including a possible market loading
About the opportunity
The Business Analytics Discipline is a group of specialists in business statistics, advanced analytics, econometrics and management science. We are engaged in all aspects of analysing data, making forecasts and building models to assist in management decisions. The discipline has research strengths in the areas of financial time series and quantitative risk management; business and economic forecasting; econometrics and Bayesian statistics; computationally intensive estimation; supply chain management and scheduling theory. The group is continuing to build up expertise in machine learning and is open to appointing teachers and researchers in other emerging fields in business analytics such as text analytics.
We are currently seeking to appoint additional Lecturer (Level B) and Senior Lecturer (Level C) staff in Business Analytics with expertise in one or more of the major areas of business analytics, including statistics and data analysis, statistical learning, risk analytics, time series analysis, machine learning and operations management, operations research and management science.
In this position you will
- teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level to culturally-diverse student cohorts, and develop curriculum
- make a contribution to the research strengths of the school, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing and presentation and dissemination of research at academic conferences
- supervise research higher degree students
- be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- contribute to academic ad
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. To help staff with caring responsibilities the University also offers generous conditions concerning such matters as parental leave and the possibility to work on a part-time basis.
We are looking for colleagues with:
- significant progress towards, or the completion of, a PhD with specialisation in Statistics, Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Operations Management, Operations Research and Management Science or a related discipline
- evidence of high quality teaching in Statistics/Machine Learning and/or Business Analytics units, at undergraduate or postgraduate level
- capacity to contribute to course and program development
- an active research program with significant potential for future publication
- evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial app
This position is your opportunity to join a dynamic group that researches and teaches in quantitative business analytics and decision sciences.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
Our University of Sydney Business School came into being in 2011 as a result of reorganisation of the Faculty of Economics and Business. We have AACSB accreditation for both our business and accounting programs, and EQUIS accreditation through EFMD, the European Foundation for Management Development. Our business school is the only Australian member school of CEMS - The Global Alliance in Management Education, and we are committed to high quality research which is both rigorous and relevant.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 24 August, 2017 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.