Research Fellow at GenIMPACT
Research Fellow at GenIMPACT | Work type: Full Time | Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy | Categories: Academic - Research Only | Fellowship
Salary Package: from $70,374 - $94,760 p.a. (Level A) to $99,879 - $118,174 p.a. (Level B), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term – 3 years (2 x positions)
Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Our research centre is seeking two talented Research Fellows with prior exposure in health economics or biostatistics to contribute to a series of key research projects. The successful applicants will work collaboratively with an extended team of researchers producing various publications. You will also be expected to work alongside and engage with various government and industry bodies.
You will have completed a post-graduate qualification that is related to the field of health economics, whilst demonstrating experience in health-related industries or tertiary environments. An ability to apply your data management skills, including analysing, interpreting and modelling, is fundamental to the delivery of impactful reporting. Your effective communication and collaborative approach to working with others will ensure you perform effectively within an inter-disciplinary and external context.
Macquarie University’s Centre for Economic Impacts of Genomic Medicine (GenIMPACT) is a strategic initiative to undertake innovative research on the impact of genomic testing and targeted therapy on patients and cascade testing on extended family members. Our vision is to provide research excellence with high policy relevance that reflects the experience of families who experience genetic disorders. Our work on genomics inbuilt on our internationally recognised research program on the impacts of ill health on capacity to work and its cascading impacts on income, superannuation and savings, income in retirement for individuals, and for government increased welfare payments and reduced taxation revenue.
We have an extensive multidisciplinary collaborative network spanning other academic organisations, government, private industry and non-government organisations. Our research has been influential in the formulation of public policy.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- A post-graduate qualification in health economics, epidemiology, statistics (level B).
- Proven teamwork and relationship building skills, including the ability to contribute to collaborative research.
- Experience in producing publications in academic journals.
- Excellent quantitative skills, with experience in using modelling software such as Excel and SAS.
- Skills in statistical analysis, data interpretation, conducting systematic reviews.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience working with government and non-government organisations.
- Familiarity with the Australian health care system.
- Experience working with senior academics and industry partners.
- Commitment and ability to work with research students.
- Specific Role Enquiries: Please contact our centre on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 14 October 2018, 11:55pm (AEST)