Opportunity with the Utilities Commission of the Northern Territory
The Utilities Commission is an independent statutory authority, consisting of a Commissioner and Associate Commissioners. It is responsible for economic regulation of the electricity, water and sewerage industries, declared ports and other industries. The Commission also provides advice to the Government as required on such matters. An office, led by the Director Utilities Commission, supports the Commission, with staff seconded from the Department of Treasury and Finance.
A senior career role currently exists in the Utilities Commission.
As an Assistant Director Utilities Commission (SAO1) you will:
- manage, plan and complete major reviews and projects
- engage with stakeholders from the community, business, regulated industries and government, and represent the Commission in a variety of forums as necessary
- prepare briefings, licences, publications and regulatory codes, including developing recommendations for the Commission and assisting with secretariat services for Commission meetings
- develop staff and assist in creating and leading a high performing team
- undertake research and provide advice on issues that may have implications for the Commission and Territory
- procure and manage multiple consultancies and legal engagements
- assist the Director in managing the Utilities Commission’s budget, resources and work plans, and stand in for the Director as required.
For detailed selection criteria please see the job description. For further information please visit our Careers website, or contact Kimberlee McKay, Director Utilities Commission on firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8999 7476.
Applications close on 12 February 2019 and should be submitted through the Careers in Government website.