Mardi Dungey Scholarship
This scholarship has been established by the Economic Society of Australia (Tasmanian Branch) as a tribute to Professor Mardi Dungey.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage high-achieving students to enrol in an economics degree at the University of Tasmania.
The Scholarship shall comprise a payment of $2000 and a one-year membership of the Economic Society of Australia (Tasmanian Branch).
The scholarship shall be awarded to students who
- Have achieved an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) score of 95;
- Intend to enrol in a Bachelor of Economics degree at the University of Tasmania, or a joint degree of which the Bachelor of Economics is a component;
- Intend to enrol in a full-time course at the University of Tasmania which includes the following units in the first year of enrolment:
- BEA111 Introduction to Markets and the Economy
- BEA121 Economic Policy in Action
- BEA140 Data Analysis for Business
- BEA106 Introduction to Behavioural Economics
Applications in writing, which include evidence of
- first-year enrolment satisfying these criteria, and
- the required ATAR score
should be made to the Secretary via either :
|Economic Society of Australia, TAS Branch
GPO Box 543
Hobart, TAS 7001
Payment of the scholarship shall be made in two equal instalments, after each of the census dates in first and second semester, when the above unit enrolments can be confirmed.