Benefits of membership include:
- Membership of Australia’s largest professional economics association
- Free access to seminars on topical economic and public policy issues
- Free access to webinars presented by eminent economists
- Early notice of society events and seminars
- Access to professional colleagues in the corporate, public, academic and student domains
- Discounts to all Branch and national Society events, including the Tasmanian Economic Forum and the Australian Conference of Economists
- Tax deductibility of your membership contribution (in most cases)
- Access to our Publications
Members of the Society have online access to the Economic Record and Economic Papers each year.
The Economic Record is Australia’s leading academic economics research journal, whilst the Economic Papers provides more general articles on topical policy, economic and business issues.
The Society welcomes young economists, being keen to foster academic pursuits and the future of its own membership. In this regard, young economists have special events and are offered discounted membership.