The Mardi Dungey Scholarship
This Scholarship aims to encourage high-achieving students to enrol in an economics degree at the University of Tasmania. This scholarship has been established by the Economic Society of Australia (Tasmanian Branch) as a tribute to Professor Mardi Dungey.
What does the Scholarship provide?
Successful applicants receive $2000 in their first year of study of Economics at the University of Tasmania and a one-year membership of the Economic Society of Australia (Tasmanian Branch).
Who should apply?
Students completing year 12 and enrolling in university.
The Scholarship is awarded to all applicants who meet the eligibility criteria.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, you must have:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Economics degree at the University of Tasmania, or a joint degree of which the Bachelor of Economics is a component;
- Enrolled in a full-time course at the University of Tasmania which includes the following units in the first year of enrolment:
- BEA111 Introduction to Markets and the Economy
- BEA121 Economic Policy in Action
- BEA140 Data Analysis for Business
- BEA106 Introduction to Behavioural Economics
- Achieved an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) score of 95 or higher.
How to apply
- Apply to enrol in a Bachelor of Economics at the University of Tasmania (meeting criteria 1 and 2 above)
- Click on the button below to apply
- You may apply before or after student results are released. ESA-Tas will contact you for your results if they have not been uploaded with your application.
- You need to submit your application before commencing study of any units in economics at the University of Tasmania.
|Mardi Dungey Scholarship Application|
Alternatively, you may write to the Secretary of the Economic Society of Australia, TAS Branch, providing evidence of your
- first-year enrolment satisfying these criteria, and
- ATAR score of 95 or higher
Send your application to:
|Economic Society of Australia, TAS Branch
GPO Box 543
Hobart, TAS 7001
Note that you cannot apply for the Mardi Dungey Scholarship through the University of Tasmania's Scholarship Portal.
Payment of the scholarship is made in two equal instalments, after each of the census dates in first and second semester, when the above unit enrolments can be confirmed.